For those looking for some year end continuing education credit please considering joining Hope for the following event:
“The Rocky Road Ahead for Charitable Giving”
A Cannon FInancial Institute Teleconference
With ideas floating around like reducing the deduction for lifetime charitable giving and perhaps death-time gifts as well, what is ahead is a brave new world. One main issue being debated is what effect such changes in the tax law relative to charitable giving will have upon charitable donors? We hear that people give without the deduction being a major consideration or at least one that will only marginally reduce their giving. With all due respect, that is simply not my experience. The following themes will be discussed at the November 16th teleconference at Jason’s Deli.
- Charities actively seek sensible modifications to proposed new rules.
- What are the multiple tax advantages of lifetime and transfer tax deductions
for charitable gifts?
- What is ahead for private foundations?
- What is ahead for donor-advised funds?
- What should charities be saying to prospective donors?
- What is the role of charitable remainder trusts?
One and a half hours of continuing education credit will be given for CFPs, CPAs, CLUs and CLEs who attend. The Hope Foundation is proud to sponsor this event free of charge to guests of the foundation in partnership with The Jewish Foundation of Memphis.